Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Saying Goodbye..

Saying Goodbye
by Anthony West

So soft

the brief touch of your lips
on my cheek.

Was I almost intruding?

"Look after yourself "
should have been
"I love you!"

Then the Jumbo flew over
my head
and I shouted my love
above the roar
and thundering thrust

. . . as if you'd hear.

Through the clouds in my eyes
I watched you fly away
and wished I'd been born with wings.


Meaning by me:
*About the Poem..This poem describes the mixed feelings of saying goodbye to a very special girl who fired up the feelings of incredible passion. I had hardly had time to live out the dreams and fantasy around her. Then she left for another country, initially for 6 months, and I was heartbroken.

I had not intended going to say goodbye at the airport, as I had already held her and kissed her and given her a card written with all the happy-sad feelings. The morning of her departure I couldn't stand it any longer, fighting the urge to just see her again one last time.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin